Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grand Opening

Although I have been a writer for quite a while, I have never had a blog. At 62-years old a lot of this new fangled stuff kinda throws me at first. All the buzz words, passwords and other related stuff is not always something I have the time or energy to learn. But, there is a lot of information I would like to share and this seems to be the best medium for doing so.

My blog won't be all about me, it will be about the things I make, use and have learned about predator hunting. Hunting the hunters is always a humbling experience and no matter how much time I spend in the field scouting, tracking, stalking and calling, the animals still manage to teach me something new every time I venture out.

I will attempt to pass on information about predator hunting firearms, building coyote calls, how to call coyotes and other predators and the methods that have worked successfully for me and other coyote hunters.

My most valuable piece of equipment is my dedicated hunt rig. When I go deep into California and Nevada's Mojave Desert, my 1981 full sized Jeep Cherokee Chief if my lifeline. Because I am often way out and away from civilization or any type of support, I make dang sure that the old Jeep is in top shape. I hesitate to tell ya'll just how much money I have dumped into that old Jeep but it has taken me where no man has gone before and brought me back home, time and again.

Since I am frequently testing calls and products for RedHunter LLC, I need a vehicle that will negotiate small trails, deal with boulders and sometimes make its own road. "Jezebelle" does just that and has been a good investment. I will feature her in another blog and show you her guts and specialized predator hunting features.

So, hang in there with me, if you dare, and I will attempt to master the ins and outs of the blog thing. My posts may be a bit rough at first but I'll figure it out eventually.




No comments:

Post a Comment